Each Singapore household can collect 50 pieces of medical grade surgical masks and 25 pieces of N95 masks with Particle Filtration Efficiency (PFE) > 95%.
With the more infectious COVID-19 variants, it is important to have better masks ready for higher risk situations.
Use medical grade surgical masks when you:
- have flu symptoms, to see a doctor
- need extra protection on top of reusable or other masks
- are in public settings, at events and gatherings, and anywhere you will be around other people
Use N95 masks when you:
- test positive at home with ART self-test kits
- are travelling to a doctor for your confirmatory COVID-19 test
- are in high risk settings such as caring for COVID-19 patients, swabbing operations
People with chronic respiratory, cardiac, or other medical conditions that make breathing difficult should check with their healthcare provider before using an N95 mask as the higher filtration in an N95 mask can make it more difficult for the wearer to breathe. If in doubt consult your doctor.