Do not use the mouth gargle if you are:
- Allergic to povidone-iodine or iodine (and to alcohol, glycerol, menthol, methyl salicylate or saccharin sodium for Betadine);
- Having thyroid issues;
- Using products containing mercury or other antiseptics;
- Planning to receive or are undergoing or have received radioactive iodine treatments (for Betadine); or
- Undergoing lithium therapy for depression (for Orasyl).
Please consult a doctor:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- For children under 6 years of age
- If you are using the mouth gargle for more than 2 days, or if symptoms persist or worsen.