What supplements can be collected?
The supplements come in bottles of 100 Vitamin D3 tablets that have a dosage of 400 International Units (IU) per tablet. A bottle is roughly equivalent to two months' supply for an adult.
Who can collect the Vitamin D3 supplements?
- Blue or Orange Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS) cardholders, or Public Assistance recipients, are eligible to collect a bottle of Vitamin D3 supplements at participating Guardian, Unity and Watsons pharmacies, subject to assessment by the pharmacists.
- Pharmacists will assess if the person is suitable to take Vitamin D3 supplements by asking questions on their health/medical conditions, lifestyle, medication, and supplements that they are currently taking. Pharmacists will not provide the Vitamin D3 supplements if they are deemed to be unsuitable for the person collecting them.
- The public should seek advice from healthcare professionals if they think they are at risk of Vitamin D deficiency.
How long will this programme last?
The supplements can be collected from 15 March to 28 March 2021, at participating pharmacies, while stocks last.
Why is Temasek Foundation doing this?
- #StrongerWithSunshine is the latest of Temasek Foundation’s Stay Prepared COVID-19 initiatives which aim to enhance the resilience of the people in Singapore and support communities locally and internationally during the pandemic.
- Local studies suggest that many Singaporeans are Vitamin D deficient
- Vitamin D plays a key role in supporting the immune system , muscle function and, together with calcium, helps to keep bones strong and healthy.
I am vegan. Can I take the supplements?
The supplements are vegetarian. The formulation contains lactose so it would not be suitable for vegans.
Are the Vitamin D3 supplements halal?
The supplements are formulated and made using ingredients that are halal certified by halal bodies recognised by JAKIM, Malaysia. They are also manufactured in a Halal certified facility. However, they are not certified Halal products
Will Temasek Foundation provide more Vitamin D3 supplements in the future?
In the long term, taking part in regular outdoor activities and having a balanced diet will help ensure that you have adequate Vitamin D. As such, there are no plans to provide more Vitamin D3 supplements beyond this round of collection.
How can I find out more?
Browse our #StrongerWithSunshine website.